Friday, October 21, 2011

New jobs, Old kitties, and Sweet babies, Oh my!

 MMMMkay. So these past couple of weeks have been pretty busy. I have started a  jobsy and have been learning tons of new info. I do love my position as a receptionist/accounts payable/tour giver/QA provider/filer/mail getter and all around friendly face of a nursing and rehabilitation center. What's not to love? I have 80 new grandparents! I miss teaching the littles, but I am still on my way to trying to get closer to have that diploma in my hand. It just seems like it is taking foreverandaday...and honestly, that is mostly due to being screwed around with the last school I transferred from(and if I get into detail about THAT school, I will get angry, and I just don't need that right now...so, I repeat "Serenity Now" to get me through that bad thought, breathe, annnnnnd we're good.) 
   I have also been getting ready for my momma's 50th Surprise Birthday Bash. That woman has been my everything through out my life and the LEAST I could do is celebrate her right with family, friends, Co-workers, and the residents she adores at the nursing home where she is employed. That little sneaky sneaker is catching on though, and I have had to utilize some of her co-workers to throw her off the trail she's been sniffin' out. I have hired a professional, and dear friend of mine, photographer to take pics so that no one has to miss out on the festivities by snapping away. It will also be nice to have them professionally taken and edited by someone who is really good at what she does. It's the best keepsake I can think of, and ya know this girl is gonna be a postin' fool when I get the pictures back. So no worries, I will be doing a post birthday blog.
   Everyone is getting pregs these days! I swear, I have my sister, a cousin, 3 close friends of mine and a boss whose wife just had his. Sometimes I feel that I am gonna be an old momma by the time I have babies and everyone else's kids will be half grown. Ay yie yie....All of that will happen for me someday, whether biological or adoptilogical. I just need to pull from those patience that I have in most other areas of my life. Bailey is my baby for now and as crazy as it sounds, when I bathe and groom him, I sneak in a little baby lotion to make him cuddly and yummy smelling. It also makes his fur silky and soft. He isn't really a fan... but he who feeds, makes the rules, right? Right. Bailey is doing better now, since I had to put down my 13 year-old-ball-of-orangey-cat fur-love, Binx. Binx was Bailey's buddy and he followed him EVERYwhere. Poor Binx took it all in stride and even kind of became a surrogate daddy to Bailey. On more than one occasion, I would catch Binx grooming Bailey and swishing his tail around so Bails could bat at it. When I had to make the very difficult decision to put Binx down due to kidney failure, Bailey seemed lost. I accidently called out for Binx the day after and Little Bailey came running around the corner in hopes he could find his beloved Binky. I couldn't help but cry realizing that neither one of us would ever get to see him peek around the corner to greet us. Now I am the one that Bailey follows all the time and of course that is fine with me. 
 So, I suppose that is enough rambling for one night, plus too much Binx talk and I could get all weepy again. It has been almost a month and the sting is still there as the memories of me holding his sickly body while they stuck the shot in to end his suffering. Yep, still hurts.
 I'm gonna end this on a happy note...I get to see my little Layla buggy because she is spending some time with Aunt TT this weekend! Yay for little sprouts who make me smile :) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment